Let’s face it! Festivities are here and so is our ever not satisfied craving to hit that sweet spot for Christmas Dinner. Surrounded by family & friends with a small bon fire at place, drinks aflow and food galore. It sure is happiest time of the year but it may be a daunting task where all food is concerned. This blog will solve all your food queries. We have gathered a tailor made, most popular, tried and tested recipes just for you.
Let’s start with the soup:
1. Cinnamon-Spiced Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Croutons
- Olive Oil: 4 table spoon.
- Carrots: 450 Grams(4 large approx), cut into 1/2 pieces.
- Onion: 1 large, chopped
- Garlic Cloves: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Cinnamon: 1 tea spoon
- Pepper: 1/4 tea spoon
- Nutmeg: pinch of nutmeg
- Sweet Potato: 450 Grams(about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4 pieces
- Vegetable Bouillon Base
- Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves: 2
- Bread: 2 slices bread, cut or torn
- Take a large pan and add 2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add Carrots, Onion and Garlic Cloves and cook, stir occasionally, until the vegetables are starts to brown at the edges. Add the spices and cook.
- Add the Sweet Potatoes, Bouillon Base, Kaffir Lime Leaves and 6 cups water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender.
- Heat the 2 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bread and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown bread is achieved. Remove from heat, drizzle the maple syrup over the top and toss to coat.
- Discard the kaffir leaves. Using a standard blender, puree the soup until smooth. Serve with the maple croutons.
Moving forward, we take our all time favourite appetizers which should leave your guests spell bound:
2. Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown-Sugared Pecans
- Sweet Potatoes: 2 Kg (approx)
- Unsalted Butter: 4 tablespoon, melted.
- Brown Sugar: 1/2 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Walnuts: 150 - 180 Grams,
- Eggs: 2 or 3
- Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 196 degree celsius. Place the Sweet Potatoes directly on the oven rack and place a rimmed baking sheet on the rack beneath. Roast for 40-50 minutes until tenderness is achieved. Cut a slit in the tops to release the steam and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter a baking dish. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss with the walnuts and melted butter; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and purée in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the eggs, syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, sprinkle the walnut mixture over the top and bake until the sweet potatoes are set, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
3. Roasted Tomato and Garlic Toast
- Candy Tomatoes: 1/2 cup.
- Red Bell Peppers: 1/2 jar, roasted
- Spring Onions: 3 pieces
- Garlic: 2 clove
- Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
- Frozen Puff Pastry
- Parmesan Cheese: 100 Grams
- Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, roasted peppers, spring onions, garlic, oil, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Unfold the pastry onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll pastry bigger on all sides. Slide the parchment (and pastry) onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the entire pastry with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Top with the tomato mixture, leaving a 1 inch border all the way around. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve with a salad, if desired.
So, it would be safe to say that your big night is going well with happy faces and guts all around, but all has not been achieved yet. We will be back to give out the big main course surprise, ditching the traditional turkey and an experimental dessert idea! (No, not anything like Rachel’s Beef Trifle from F.R.I.E.N.D.S)
Unlocking the Power of Kefir: A Guide to This Probiotic Superstar
Introduction: In recent years, there has been a surge of interest in kefir, a fermented milk beverage known for its remarkable he…
Jul 17, 2023
The #1 Best Fruit for Your Heart, Say Dietitians
Why Berries are the #1 Fruit to protect your heart !
While all fruit is good fruit, and there are plenty of reasons to enjoy a couple of…
Mar 19, 2022
The Best Foods to Eat for Omicron Symptoms, Says Doctor
The Omicron variant caused COVID-19 numbers to skyro…
Jan 08, 2022
Fibers in Your Diet
Whenever you take advise from anyone to switch into a better diet for weight management, you always get an answer to eat more fiber rich foods! Hi…
Aug 24, 2021
Hormone Balancing Foods
Feeling stressed lately, with some weird symptoms like fatigue, migraines, painful periods, mood swings, anxiety, depression, sexual health issues…
Aug 16, 2021
Frozen Fruits Adapting to the Modern Lifestyle
Fresh v/s Frozen – is there any difference nutritionally?
Texture and nutritional deterioration of Frozen during long shipping and st…
Aug 02, 2021
Breathtakingly Beautiful - Our Cold Pressed Juices
These days people are aware of their health needs and are conscious of their fitness more than ever. Therefore, they tend to switch to healthy foo…
Jul 14, 2021
Striking the Balance with Exotics!!!
Have you ever thought how Broccoli is more preferred than Cauliflower nowadays?
Ever given a thought about how the Indian fresh fruits &…
Jan 31, 2021
Fats - Not Bad!!!
We have always been confused about eating fats, as we think eating fats would lead to weight gain and considered it as the root cause of heart pro…
Jan 19, 2021
Know Your Sugar Better!
We came up with this topic because it is the basic step to start the healthy journey which is the new year resolution of most of the people! To un…
Jan 06, 2021
Picture an old - fashioned see saw, with plenty of ups and downs. That’s how our blood sugar level goes over the course of day. That all dep…
Dec 28, 2020
Not So Sweet!!!
Drinking 12 Oz of regular Coke with 140 calories is a big no when compared with Diet Coke which contains zero calories. Do you know, wha…
Dec 09, 2020
Dry Fruits - The Ultimate Powerhouse!
Remember receiving those colourful and decorated boxes packed with different types of wholesome delights? The popular and most loved superfood, kn…
Dec 04, 2020
C.H.E.E.S.E - Your Favourite Food
Yummmm!!!! that stretchy mozzarella on pizza and those fragrant pieces of deliciousness and goodness that changes the food into a heavenly treat! …
Nov 25, 2020
The Modern Milk Variants
Have you ever wondered, why milk is considered as the most important and healthy drink for the human body? Packed with calcium, p…
Nov 18, 2020
The New Age Meat!
Imagine a dinner table which has Bacon Caesar Salad, Chicken Florentine, Prawns in Brandy Sauce, the grand Pork Pepperoni & the epic Bruschett…
Oct 26, 2020
Whole Foods - The Way Forward!
The more we get to know about healthy eating and nutrition, the more we think we should eat the way people did a hundred years ago!
Oct 07, 2020
Bravocado Recipes - Part Two!!
So the previous blog was just not enough. Avocado as a superfood is quite versatile. From Pancakes to Ice Creams, from Toasts to Tacos this super …
Sep 28, 2020
Bravocado Recipes - Part One!!
Struggling to make your meal delicious with super healthy Avocados? How to make your family change their not-so-healthy lifestyle and get them on …
Sep 19, 2020
The Legend of Guacamole
How to make your kids eat healthy or incline them towards health foods in their growing years has always been a challenge. And not only kids, it i…
Sep 12, 2020
Fresh Roasted Coffee!
Here's the thing, nothing is more alluring to us than the freshest form of products we consume, and we step onto the same boat when we talk ab…
Sep 07, 2020
Covid-19: A few myths busted!
The world came to a halt with the outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 popularly feared by the name of Coronavirus.
The World Health Organisation…
Jun 09, 2020
The Quintessential Fresh Story !
The year is 2016. We have brands like Nike, Toyota, Mc Donald’s, American Express, Vodafone, and many more, well established in India, provi…
Feb 05, 2020
The Millennial Greens.
All Millennials have completed atleast two decades of their lives. Although, in this social media era, where eyes meet screens more than other eye…
Jan 27, 2020
Your Avocado Story !!
Hey there fellow Avocado-lover, we literally feel the same for this superfood. Avocados, now a staple in West have gained immense popularity in In…
Jan 18, 2020
New Decade: New Responsibilities !
Greetings from Frugivore for the New Year!
2020 is not only a new year but commencement of a new decade. The difference is that this new…
Jan 14, 2020
The Christmas Dinner - Part Two!!
This is with continuation where we left – A room full of happy faces and tummies anticipating on what’s there in the main course and f…
Dec 24, 2019
Bugs in your Greens? Tragedy? – No, it’s a love story!
Picture this - you are preparing for a Sunday salad in your kitchen happily slicing your carrots and chopping the leafies when Mr. Bug creeps in u…
Nov 30, 2019
Apple - The one God gave, not Jobs!
The most sold fruit in the whole wide world - Apples are one of the most popular and loved fruit globally. Apples are mostly eaten raw but have va…
Nov 25, 2019
Mamma Mia Mushrooms!
For the love of Mushrooms let’s dive in for some amazingly delicious and easy to make recipes. If your kids do not really like Mushrooms, yo…
Nov 12, 2019
Blueberry Bonanza !
There’s a fad going on around all the food items involving Blueberry already. Cheesecakes, Muffins, Pies and the list goes on with the…
Nov 08, 2019
Vegan's the way!
Going Vegan is not as big as it seems. It’s a matter of choice. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to consume. What has come to…
Oct 18, 2019
50 Shades of Avocado ;)
Avocado is a fruit usually grown in equatorial regions; it has a thick rough skin, and a soft gooey pulp. An Avocado has 5 stages of maturity.…
Sep 19, 2019
Reasons to Buy Grapefruit Online in Delhi
Grapefruits have shot to popularity with more and more people becoming aware of its amazing health benefits. To enjoy grapefruit, one has to acqui…
Jul 26, 2019
Exotic Fruits in Delhi - Stay Healthy and Young
If you are a fruitlover, you can enjoy the goodness of your chosen fruit along with multiple benefits it brings to you. The major benefit of addin…
Jul 26, 2019
Best Foods for Your Skin and Hair
Ever heard of the saying you are what you eat? Turns out, Science has proven it Time and again, as Research consistently find healthy food to be g…
Jul 13, 2019
Going Green – Why are Green Vegetables Recommended?
Obesity and being overweight are major problems plaguing many of the world’s nations, and this unhealthy weight problem has also been leadin…
Jul 13, 2019
Buying Imported Fruits Online ? Read this !!
The fresh-fruit sector of India is now facing changes with the presence of stores selling products and even imported fruits online. And this is al…
Jul 06, 2019
Safety & Hygiene
We are delighted to share with all our patrons that Frugivore is ISO:22000 certified and has HACCP (Hazard and Critical Control Points) in place t…
May 17, 2019
Just like the killing spell of the greatest fictional movie series – ‘Harry Potter’, Avocado is a super effective health fruit w…
May 11, 2019
Where do you buy your Fresh ?
Picture this: an elderly lady dressed in expensive silk saree, gold bangles, diamond ring, platinum earings, wearing an exquisite pashmina, gets d…
Jan 14, 2019
How fresh are you!
When we commissioned this website recently, the question arose - should we have a blog. And it was decided we should because that’s how we c…
Jan 14, 2019
Winter Warm-Up Recipies
Hey folks, its that time of the year again with cold nights and chilly, foggy mornings setting in. Our blogpost today is all about keeping you cos…
Jan 14, 2019
Thailand is famous for many things. Thai Fruits is one of them – fruits are an immensely popular export of Thailand (next only to Thai massa…
Dec 31, 2018