The Christmas Dinner - Part One!
Let’s face it! Festivities are here and so is our ever not satisfied craving to hit that sweet spot for Christmas Dinner. Surrounded by family & friends with a small bon fire at place, drinks aflow and food galore. It sure is happiest time of the year but it may be a daunting task where all food is concerned. This blog will solve all your food queries. We have gathered a tailor made, most popular, tried and tested recipes just for you.
Let’s start with the soup:
1. Cinnamon-Spiced Sweet Potato Soup with Maple Croutons
- Olive Oil: 4 table spoon.
- Carrots: 450 Grams(4 large approx), cut into 1/2 pieces.
- Onion: 1 large, chopped
- Garlic Cloves: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Cinnamon: 1 tea spoon
- Pepper: 1/4 tea spoon
- Nutmeg: pinch of nutmeg
- Sweet Potato: 450 Grams(about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4 pieces
- Vegetable Bouillon Base
- Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves: 2
- Bread: 2 slices bread, cut or torn
- Take a large pan and add 2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add Carrots, Onion and Garlic Cloves and cook, stir occasionally, until the vegetables are starts to brown at the edges. Add the spices and cook.
- Add the Sweet Potatoes, Bouillon Base, Kaffir Lime Leaves and 6 cups water to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender.
- Heat the 2 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bread and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown bread is achieved. Remove from heat, drizzle the maple syrup over the top and toss to coat.
- Discard the kaffir leaves. Using a standard blender, puree the soup until smooth. Serve with the maple croutons.
Moving forward, we take our all time favourite appetizers which should leave your guests spell bound:
2. Sweet Potato Casserole with Brown-Sugared Pecans
- Sweet Potatoes: 2 Kg (approx)
- Unsalted Butter: 4 tablespoon, melted.
- Brown Sugar: 1/2 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Walnuts: 150 - 180 Grams,
- Eggs: 2 or 3
- Maple Syrup: 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 196 degree celsius. Place the Sweet Potatoes directly on the oven rack and place a rimmed baking sheet on the rack beneath. Roast for 40-50 minutes until tenderness is achieved. Cut a slit in the tops to release the steam and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter a baking dish. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss with the walnuts and melted butter; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and purée in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the eggs, syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, sprinkle the walnut mixture over the top and bake until the sweet potatoes are set, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
3. Roasted Tomato and Garlic Toast
- Candy Tomatoes: 1/2 cup.
- Red Bell Peppers: 1/2 jar, roasted
- Spring Onions: 3 pieces
- Garlic: 2 clove
- Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
- Frozen Puff Pastry
- Parmesan Cheese: 100 Grams
- Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, roasted peppers, spring onions, garlic, oil, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Unfold the pastry onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll pastry bigger on all sides. Slide the parchment (and pastry) onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the entire pastry with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Top with the tomato mixture, leaving a 1 inch border all the way around. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve with a salad, if desired.
So, it would be safe to say that your big night is going well with happy faces and guts all around, but all has not been achieved yet. We will be back to give out the big main course surprise, ditching the traditional turkey and an experimental dessert idea! (No, not anything like Rachel’s Beef Trifle from F.R.I.E.N.D.S)
Covid-19: A few myths busted!
The world came to a halt with the outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 popularly feared by the name of Coronavirus.
The World Health Organisati...
Jun 09, 2020
The Quintessential Fresh Story !
The year is 2016. We have brands like Nike, Toyota, Mc Donald’s, American Express, Vodafone, and many more, well established in India, pro...
Feb 05, 2020
The Millennial Greens.
All Millennials have completed atleast two decades of their lives. Although, in this social media era, where eyes meet screens more than other e...
Jan 27, 2020
Your Avocado Story !!
Hey there fellow Avocado-lover, we literally feel the same for this superfood. Avocados, now a staple in West have gained immense popularity in ...
Jan 18, 2020
New Decade: New Responsibilities !
Greetings from Frugivore for the New Year!
2020 is not only a new year but commencement of a new decade. The difference is that this n...
Jan 14, 2020
The Christmas Dinner - Part Two!!
This is with continuation where we left – A room full of happy faces and tummies anticipating on what’s there in the main course and...
Dec 24, 2019
Bugs in your Greens? Tragedy? – No, it’s a love story!
Picture this - you are preparing for a Sunday salad in your kitchen happily slicing your carrots and chopping the leafies when Mr. Bug creeps in...
Nov 30, 2019
Apple - The one God gave, not Jobs!
The most sold fruit in the whole wide world - Apples are one of the most popular and loved fruit globally. Apples are mostly eaten raw but have ...
Nov 25, 2019
Mamma Mia Mushrooms!
For the love of Mushrooms let’s dive in for some amazingly delicious and easy to make recipes. If your kids do not really like Mushrooms, ...
Nov 12, 2019
Blueberry Bonanza !
There’s a fad going on around all the food items involving Blueberry already. Cheesecakes, Muffins, Pies and the list goes on with t...
Nov 08, 2019
Vegan's the way!
Going Vegan is not as big as it seems. It’s a matter of choice. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to consume. What has come ...
Oct 18, 2019
50 Shades of Avocado ;)
Avocado is a fruit usually grown in equatorial regions; it has a thick rough skin, and a soft gooey pulp. An Avocado has 5 stages of maturity.
Sep 19, 2019
Reasons to Buy Grapefruit Online in Delhi
Grapefruits have shot to popularity with more and more people becoming aware of its amazing health benefits. To enjoy grapefruit, one has to acq...
Jul 26, 2019
Exotic Fruits in Delhi - Stay Healthy and Young
If you are a fruitlover, you can enjoy the goodness of your chosen fruit along with multiple benefits it brings to you. The major benefit of add...
Jul 26, 2019
Best Foods for Your Skin and Hair
Ever heard of the saying you are what you eat? Turns out, Science has proven it Time and again, as Research consistently find healthy food to be...
Jul 13, 2019
Going Green – Why are Green Vegetables Recommended?
Obesity and being overweight are major problems plaguing many of the world’s nations, and this unhealthy weight problem has also been lead...
Jul 13, 2019
Buying Imported Fruits Online ? Read this !!
The fresh-fruit sector of India is now facing changes with the presence of stores selling products and even imported fruits online. And this is ...
Jul 06, 2019
Top 5 Avocado Recipes !!
If you find it difficult to have an Avocado as it is or have got bored by the over usage of Gaucamole, try these exciting recipes which we are s...
Jun 15, 2019
The Legend Of Gaucamole!
Gaucamole is much more than a dip for your chip. It is used in so many ways going far beyond the traditional mexican approach.
May 25, 2019
Safety & Hygiene
We are delighted to share with all our patrons that Frugivore is ISO:22000 certified and has HACCP (Hazard and Critical Control Points) in place...
May 17, 2019
Just like the killing spell of the greatest fictional movie series – ‘Harry Potter’, Avocado is a super effective health fruit...
May 11, 2019
Where do you buy your Fresh ?
Picture this: an elderly lady dressed in expensive silk saree, gold bangles, diamond ring, platinum earings, wearing an exquisite pashmina, gets...
Jan 14, 2019
How fresh are you!
When we commissioned this website recently, the question arose - should we have a blog. And it was decided we should because that’s how we...
Jan 14, 2019
Winter Warm-Up Recipies
Hey folks, its that time of the year again with cold nights and chilly, foggy mornings setting in. Our blogpost today is all about keeping you c...
Jan 14, 2019
Thailand is famous for many things. Thai Fruits is one of them – fruits are an immensely popular export of Thailand (next only to Thai mas...
Dec 31, 2018