The Legend Of Gaucamole!
Gaucamole is much more than a dip for your chip. It is used in so many ways going far beyond the traditional mexican approach.
1. Gaucamole on Toast:
Gaucamole served with sprouts and slices of tomato and hard-boiled egg for a breakfast so satisfying, you might not need to eat until dinner. sprouts and slices of tomato and hard-boiled egg for a breakfast so satisfying, you might not need to eat until dinner.
2. Gaucamole on Sandwich:
Whether you’re filling bread with veggirs, turkey, or tuna salad, use guacamole in place of mayo. And yes, you should put lays or tortilla chips on the sandwich.
3. Salad Dressing:
Puree the guacamole with lime juice, water and oil to make a creamy dressing for a wedge salad served with iceberg and cherry tomatoes.
4. Deviled Eggs:
Garnish standard deviled eggs with a spoonful of guacamole, or skip the usual mayo-mustard and blend the egg yolks with the guacamole.
5. Smoked Salmon:
Top crispy sushi–rice cakes with smoked salmon and guacamole, or spread it directly on the salmon with cream cheese and roll it up.
If your mouth is watering already, we have the perfect guacamole recipe you can use:
To make this easy guacamole recipe, simply gather up the following guacamole ingredients:
- Avocados: The riper, the better.
- Diced red onion: I love the flavor of red onion in guac, but if you would like to make it a bit milder, just rinse and drain the chopped onion in water briefly before adding it to the avocados.
- Cilantro: If you happen to be part of the 14% of the population that does not like fresh cilantro, just skip it.
- Jalapeño: Or you can use serrano pepper instead.
- Lime juice: Freshly-squeezed, please!
- Fine sea salt: A critical ingredient to bring out all of those good flavors!
- Ground cumin: I’ve always added a dash to my guacamole, and I’m convinced it’s the secret ingredient that rounds out all of those flavors and makes people love it so much.
- Diced tomatoes: I’m not a big fan of tomatoes in my guac, but feel free to add them if you would like!
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE:
Alright, let’s talk how to make guacamole! Simply…
1. Mash your avocados: Add them to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or spoon until they reach your desired consistency. (I like mine slightly chunky, not completely smooth.)
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients: Add in the onion, cilantro, jalapeño (or serrano), lime juice, salt, cumin, and tomatoes (if using) and stir until combined.
3. Taste and season: Give the mixture a taste, and season with extra salt if needed. Or…
a) For a tangier guac, add more lime juice.
b) For a spicier guac, add in another jalapeño or serrano.
c) For a herbier guac, add in extra fresh cilantro.
4. Serve: Then serve it up and enjoy!
Buy all these ingredients on frugivore to get the best results.
Mamma Mia Mushrooms!
For the love of Mushrooms let’s dive in for some amazingly delicious and easy to make recipes. If your kids do not really...
Nov 12, 2019
Blueberry Bonanza !
There’s a fad going on around all the food items involving Blueberry already. Cheesecakes, Muffins, Pies and the list goes on with t...
Nov 08, 2019
Vegan's the way!
Going Vegan is not as big as it seems. It’s a matter of choice. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to consume. What has come ...
Oct 18, 2019
50 Shades of Avocados ;)
Avocado is a fruit usually grown in equatorial regions; it has a thick rough skin, and a soft gooey pulp. An Avocado has 5 stages of maturity.
Sep 19, 2019
Reasons to Buy Grapefruit Online in Delhi
Grapefruits have shot to popularity with more and more people becoming aware of its amazing health benefits. To enjoy grapefruit, one has to acq...
Jul 26, 2019
Exotic Fruits in Delhi - Stay Healthy and Young
If you are a fruitlover, you can enjoy the goodness of your chosen fruit along with multiple benefits it brings to you. The major benefit of add...
Jul 26, 2019
Best Foods for Your Skin and Hair
Ever heard of the saying you are what you eat? Turns out, Science has proven it Time and again, as Research consistently find healthy food to be...
Jul 13, 2019
Going Green – Why are Green Vegetables Recommended?
Obesity and being overweight are major problems plaguing many of the world’s nations, and this unhealthy weight problem has also been lead...
Jul 13, 2019
Buying Imported Fruits Online ? Read this !!
The fresh-fruit sector of India is now facing changes with the presence of stores selling products and even imported fruits online. And this is ...
Jul 06, 2019
Top 5 Avocado Recipes !!
If you find it difficult to have an Avocado as it is or have got bored by the over usage of Gaucamole, try these exciting recipes which we are s...
Jun 15, 2019
Safety & Hygiene
We are delighted to share with all our patrons that Frugivore is ISO:22000 certified and has HACCP (Hazard and Critical Control Points) in place...
May 17, 2019
Just like the killing spell of the greatest fictional movie series – ‘Harry Potter’, Avocado is a super effective health fruit...
May 11, 2019
Where do you buy your Fresh ?
Picture this: an elderly lady dressed in expensive silk saree, gold bangles, diamond ring, platinum earings, wearing an exquisite pashmina, gets...
Jan 14, 2019
How fresh are you!
When we commissioned this website recently, the question arose - should we have a blog. And it was decided we should because that’s how we...
Jan 14, 2019
Winter Warm-Up Recipies
Hey folks, its that time of the year again with cold nights and chilly, foggy mornings setting in. Our blogpost today is all about keeping you c...
Jan 14, 2019
Thailand is famous for many things. Thai Fruits is one of them – fruits are an immensely popular export of Thailand (next only to Thai mas...
Dec 31, 2018